DBX DriveRack PA2

The hows and whys of running sound.
doncolga

Re: DBX DriveRack PA2

#91 Post by doncolga »

I got a DR PA2 back in the Spring and absolutely LOVE it. Does all of what I need.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW

ka7niq

#92 Post by ka7niq »

doncolga wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:50 am I got a DR PA2 back in the Spring and absolutely LOVE it. Does all of what I need.
I WISH I could get my DBX Driverack PA2 to freaking WORK!
I have tried to get it to work with 3 different Routers, and guess what ?
The control app on my IPhone or IPad will not detect any of my Routers.
DBX Help has been a joke so far, no help at all!
Once, for some unknown reason, it recognized one of my routers. I was soo happy! I was running the pink noise and RTA, but then it suddenly quit responding, and then I realized it dropped the router, and has never allowed me back in.
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511
Https://www.saferoofcleaning.com

Bruce Weldy

#93 Post by Bruce Weldy »

ka7niq wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:47 pm
doncolga wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:50 am I got a DR PA2 back in the Spring and absolutely LOVE it. Does all of what I need.
Once, for some unknown reason, it recognized one of my routers. I was soo happy! I was running the pink noise and RTA, but then it suddenly quit responding, and then I realized it dropped the router, and has never allowed me back in.
Ya' kind'a revived a 7 year old thread here...

The instructions in the manual for networking are very precise. Did you follow them exactly?

Anyway, you can do everything you need to on the front panel without the app. The app is just a little more convenient. I've setup a bunch of different driveracks over the years and never with the app (except for the 260 and that a whole other beast).

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

ka7niq

#94 Post by ka7niq »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:40 pm
ka7niq wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:47 pm
Ya' kind'a revived a 7 year old thread here...

The instructions in the manual for networking are very precise. Did you follow them exactly?

Anyway, you can do everything you need to on the front panel without the app. The app is just a little more convenient. I've setup a bunch of different driveracks over the years and never with the app (except for the 260 and that a whole other beast).
Yes, I followed the instructions, exactly, and, with 3 different know to be working routers. I owned and used all 3 of the routers. My latest router is WIFI 6, to take advantage of my new Firestick that is also WIFI 6. The DBX Driverack PA2 control app refuses to connect with ANY of them, except for one time, it did connect with my oldest router, and old LinkSYS.
All my equipment is mounted low, so I do not have the DBX Driverack PA2 at eye level, so much for using it manually, and no, I am not going to do that!
I paid for a remote controlled piece of equipment, and I expect it to work.

Pardon me for reviving a 7 year old thread! I did a Google search for DBX Driverack PA2 problems, this thread popped up, I was already registered here, so live and in living color, here I am. I really need this unit to work, I really do.
I was hoping to see what make and model routers everyone is using with the DBX Driverack PA2, so hopefully I can duplicate that, and avoid any more DBX Driverack PA2 Problems.
That is what this DBX Drivrack PA2 has reduced me to. Even though I have 3 perfectly good working routers, the PA2 does not want to play with them.
IOW, this Driverack DBX PA2 is literally forcing me to buy a Router it works with :wall:

BTW, DBX Customer support has not a clue WTF is wrong with their DBX Driverack PA2 not wanting to connect to any of my 3 routers.
In fact, they stopped responding to my situation!
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511

Bruce Weldy

#95 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Several of the guys on this forum use the PA2. Hopefully one of 'em can help you out.

Are you connecting the router straight into the DR? No other laptop, etc connected to the router? Have you tried uploading the latest firmware to the DR? Tried a different ethernet cable?

Lots of info on networking issues in the manual......so, it doesn't look like it's a simple plug and play.

Good luck....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

ka7niq

#96 Post by ka7niq »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:27 pm Several of the guys on this forum use the PA2. Hopefully one of 'em can help you out.

Are you connecting the router straight into the DR? No other laptop, etc connected to the router? Have you tried uploading the latest firmware to the DR? Tried a different ethernet cable?

Lots of info on networking issues in the manual......so, it doesn't look like it's a simple plug and play.

Good luck....
Yes, straight from the routers into the DBX Driverack PA2. No, I have not tried the latest firmware, or a different Ethernet Cable, but this WAS a working Ethernet Cable when I pulled it for a CAT 8 Cable. It is a CAT 5
The PA2 will need to be hooked up to the Internet to download the latest firmware I suppose

Oh, I forgot to add that the router is giving the PA2 an IP Address
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511

Bruce Weldy

#97 Post by Bruce Weldy »

I was reading the manual a bit ago and it talked quite a bit about IP addresses. Might want to take a look again, maybe there's something you missed.

I didn't look hard at the update section, but I'm pretty sure you can update via ethernet or USB. USB would probably better for you since it doesn't seem to connect to the router.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

ka7niq

#98 Post by ka7niq »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:41 pm I was reading the manual a bit ago and it talked quite a bit about IP addresses. Might want to take a look again, maybe there's something you missed.

I didn't look hard at the update section, but I'm pretty sure you can update via ethernet or USB. USB would probably better for you since it doesn't seem to connect to the router.
DBX Support had me check to be sure the router was assigning an IP address, and sure enough, it was there when I checked, so that tells me the Ethernet Cable must be working, otherwise the PA2 would not see the router, but tomorrow I am going to find another Ethernet cable, and change it, just to be sure.

How would I hook up the driverack to the internet ? Should I bring it here to my computer, or hook it to my Internet Router ?
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511

Bruce Weldy

#99 Post by Bruce Weldy »

ka7niq wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:06 pm
Bruce Weldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:41 pm I was reading the manual a bit ago and it talked quite a bit about IP addresses. Might want to take a look again, maybe there's something you missed.

DBX Support had me check to be sure the router was assigning an IP address, and sure enough, it was there when I checked, so that tells me the Ethernet Cable must be working, otherwise the PA2 would not see the router, but tomorrow I am going to find another Ethernet cable, and change it, just to be sure.

How would I hook up the driverack to the internet ? Should I bring it here to my computer, or hook it to my Internet Router ?
Go to page 59 of the manual - it has the instructions for a firmware update. Since you can't get it to connect, then you'll need to take it to your PC and use the USB connection.

https://dbxpro.com/en-US/product_docume ... 44138-apdf

You could also try a soft reset first. That won't blow away your presets....but, I guess you don't have any yet, so do a full factory reset if that's the case. If that doesn't clear things up, try the firmware update.

But, I would bet that the problem is in the setup. I'd go back the page 8 and start over. Then go to page 57 and go through that process. If none of that works, it may just be a defective unit......but, I wouldn't put my money on that being the case.

Probably wouldn't hurt to do this too....

Device Requirements
Visit dbxpro.com for the latest information on device requirements for the DriveRack PA2 control application.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

ka7niq

#100 Post by ka7niq »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:32 am
ka7niq wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:06 pm

Go to page 59 of the manual - it has the instructions for a firmware update. Since you can't get it to connect, then you'll need to take it to your PC and use the USB connection.

https://dbxpro.com/en-US/product_docume ... 44138-apdf

You could also try a soft reset first. That won't blow away your presets....but, I guess you don't have any yet, so do a full factory reset if that's the case. If that doesn't clear things up, try the firmware update.

But, I would bet that the problem is in the setup. I'd go back the page 8 and start over. Then go to page 57 and go through that process. If none of that works, it may just be a defective unit......but, I wouldn't put my money on that being the case.

Probably wouldn't hurt to do this too....

Device Requirements
Visit dbxpro.com for the latest information on device requirements for the DriveRack PA2 control application.
I have already done several resets, and you are right! Since I never got it working, I have no data to lose!
I plan to take it to my computer, and update the firmware with USB.
The stuff the PA2 can do is amazing, and I am excited to get it working!
Believe it or not, these speakers measured nearly ruler flat from 500 to 3500 hz in my room on the PA2
But ruler flat is not always the best sound, in a Home.
I prefer a slightly downward sloping curve vs ruler flat
00h0h_fePeG9WzpXPz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511

Bruce Weldy

#101 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Man, that's some old-school stuff right there!

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

ka7niq

#102 Post by ka7niq »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:47 am Man, that's some old-school stuff right there!
Yes, old school for sure! The midrange drivers are Electro Voice EV 1824M's! All drivers are in phase with 6db simple crossovers, just single capacitor and inductor, real simple.
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511

Bryan Cox

#103 Post by Bryan Cox »

I use the PA2 and a linksys router. I have my mixer (Mackie DL1602) and the PA2 hardwired to the router via good ole CAT5 cable. I've had no issues. Wish I could help more.
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide

ka7niq

#104 Post by ka7niq »

Bryan Cox wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:09 pm I use the PA2 and a linksys router. I have my mixer (Mackie DL1602) and the PA2 hardwired to the router via good ole CAT5 cable. I've had no issues. Wish I could help more.
I tried it a few hours ago. First, I disconnected it to upgrade the firmware, and found out I have the latest firmware 1.01.1
So I put in back in the system and it connected with my LinkSys Router!
So I got out the mike, and tried to run some pink noise, and NOTHING!
Then, the PA2 stopped responding, so sure as shit, it dropped the router. I tried to re connect, with no luck! The same device was not found error with a warning to check my network settings. So, I swapped in my Netgear 15 Nighthawk router, and after 15 minutes of trying to make it connect, I gave up!
Something is very very wrong!
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon Florida 33511

Bryan Cox

#105 Post by Bryan Cox »

It sounds to me like the wifi adapter in the PA2 is bad. I'd return the unit.
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide