Re: T39 build

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Very Nice!!!!!

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

detroitrockphily

#3 Post by detroitrockphily »

Thanks Bruce!
Going to build one more (for now) and add a pair OTOP12's
From my earlier post about inductors, yourself as well as Bill said I wouldn't need them however the plans call for a limiter... would I get the limiting from a Driverack unit? Or wire the inductor in series (+ or -) to the driver and be done with it. I guess I don't understand the wiring part of Titan subs outside of + to + and - to - Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Chris_Allen

#4 Post by Chris_Allen »

Is that a 24" wide version?
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

Bruce Weldy

#5 Post by Bruce Weldy »

detroitrockphily wrote:Thanks Bruce!
From my earlier post about inductors, yourself as well as Bill said I wouldn't need them however the plans call for a limiter... would I get the limiting from a Driverack unit? Or wire the inductor in series (+ or -) to the driver and be done with it. I guess I don't understand the wiring part of Titan subs outside of + to + and - to - Any help here would be greatly appreciated
Yes, you need a limiter. Yes, a driverack will do it. No, the inductor will not. The inductor is for creating a low pass passive crossover. The driverack will take care of the crossover, limiting, EQ, etc.

The limiter is used to keep the voltage from the amplifier exceeding an amount that would create over-excursion of the driver.....which results in buying a new driver.

Be sure and ask any questions about the set up of crossover points, limiting, etc. when you are ready to fire them up. Do NOT try to operate the subs without all of the above in place first......it would be a recipe for disaster.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

detroitrockphily

#6 Post by detroitrockphily »

Bruce Weldy wrote:
detroitrockphily wrote:Thanks Bruce!
Yes, you need a limiter. Yes, a driverack will do it. No, the inductor will not. The inductor is for creating a low pass passive crossover. The driverack will take care of the crossover, limiting, EQ, etc.

The limiter is used to keep the voltage from the amplifier exceeding an amount that would create over-excursion of the driver.....which results in buying a new driver.

Be sure and ask any questions about the set up of crossover points, limiting, etc. when you are ready to fire them up. Do NOT try to operate the subs without all of the above in place first......it would be a recipe for disaster.

Will do and thanks again Bruce for your wisdom... Chris, it is the 24" version 3012lf loaded.
This build went well with only minor adjustments (trace lines!) albeit remedied. The second build should go even quicker now that I have made notes on the build sheets! OTOP's will be next with proxied advice on quantity. I'm going to build 4. I'll need to update the plans tho, it's been quite some time ago when I purchased them initially.
Attachments
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG (36.13 KiB) Viewed 1611 times

detroitrockphily

#7 Post by detroitrockphily »

Hey guys,
Since my last post on this subject I have built another T39 and used the pair at a receint show with great success! Kick was nice and punchy and for the first time I could hear (and feel) my kick drum!
I am quite pleased with the way these turned out and the cork sniffers had lots of questions during our breaks... tells me they too were impressed!
I gave them the web address so they could have a look around for themselves and build their own as I have done.
The best part is... I can load/unload T39's by myself! What a back saver!

Otop12's are almost completed and will be when the parts I ordered from Leland get here this Friday.
Kudos to Leland! Super nice guy, very helpfull! Couldn't ask for a better retailer...

LelandCrooks

#8 Post by LelandCrooks »

Thanks!
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com