Tuba 30 x2 Build

Post your build odyssey here.
Meticula

Re: Tuba 30 x2 Build

#46 Post by Meticula »

Well, V Plates are being made, My friend has 4 tuba 30s and two omnis and we're basically using the whole system together at a festival in July. 6 Tubas 4 omnis (One pair melded array and one pair compression drivers - mine ) Already have all that pic included! All edges are currently rounded, and will be painting them black before the festival begins. Or i could leave them bare for a nice contrast with the 4 other black tubas! :wink:

We have a DEQ2496 and DCX2496 for the processing and crossover, and another unit again that's for keeping our signal chain digital all the way until the amp.. I can't remember the specifics or even if what i'm saying is correct. We're going to spend a few days building the tops and hopefully get them done in the time we have, I'm still finishing my exams but the call of the workshop is strong.. Cut the first few pieces for the tops today, any progress is progress!
Attachments
We assembled this post-haste, but it was fantastic to hear a BFM rig at home!
We assembled this post-haste, but it was fantastic to hear a BFM rig at home!
Building 2x Omnitop 12s (Eminence Beta 12's)
2x Tuba 30s (LAB 12's) powered with a PKN XD2500

commander_dan

Re: Tuba 30 x2 Build

#47 Post by commander_dan »

Hey mate, well done on the fix and finishing the subs! I haven't been on here in a little while, good to see you enjoying those T30's :) :hyper:

Make sure you post up pics/reviews of the complete system when you do your big festival gig with your powers combined ;)
Built:
6 T30 (24", 3012LF)
2 OT12 (MA, 3012HO)
2 T24 (18", 3010LF)

Running:
DCX2496
XTi 2002
XTi 4002
TRAKTOR Z2
TECHNICS 1210 Mk5's