It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: DR280 Rig Video display
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:34 am 

Hello Guys

I would like to see some videos of your DR280 Rig, I'm from Portugal and it's not possible for me to ear them live, so I would like to see some videos of yours.

Is that possible?

Tank you guys

Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Any video of audio sources is severely limited by two factors: the quality of the gear used to make the recording and the quality of the system that you're playing it back on. You'll never hear on a video the same thing that you hear live.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:58 am 

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
Any video of audio sources is severely limited by two factors: the quality of the gear used to make the recording and the quality of the system that you're playing it back on. You'll never hear on a video the same thing that you hear live.

+plus the quality of the guy mxing and tuning the system

Anyways, here is my DR250 rig in action recorded with a zoom q4n on unknown settings

6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 pm 

In this video the sound seems very good to me.

But mi real problem is to spend money on the drivers and then the sound is not wath i expect.

I have also some douth about crossovers and fase alignment, in the plans and because im not an expert its not clear to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:07 pm 

Maybe just build one. I was lucky enough to have a suitable amp already, and a good processor is never a bad thing to have in your rack. I'm building one, tuning it, feeling out the process and the sound.. and then making the leap to a full system if I'm happy with the results.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:10 pm 

#1: firstly, bassboll, welcome to the forum! :hyper:

#2: Why did you decide on DR280? Unless you are doing a lot of large (1000+) venues and you have a crew of helpers, DR200 or DR250 is a much better choice. As your popularity grows, along with your audiences, you add to the cab count to cover. Do you do a lot of pub/tavern size gigs? Plus, we haven't even talked about subwoofer cabinets yet.

#3: tell us a LOT more about what you want to do in terms of the amount of people, how loud do you want, mostly indoors or outside, live bands or recorded music, what type of music? Try to give as many details as possible.

I will also post this in Portuguese, copied from Google translate:

# 1: em primeiro lugar, bassboll, bem-vindo ao fórum! :hyper:

# 2: Por que você decidiu sobre DR280? A menos que você está fazendo um monte de grandes (1000 +) locais e você tem uma equipe de ajudantes, DR200 ou DR250 é uma escolha muito melhor. Como sua popularidade cresce, junto com o seu público, você adiciona à contagem de táxi para cobrir. Você faz um monte de bar / taberna gigs tamanho? Além disso, nós ainda não falamos sobre gabinetes de subwoofer ainda.

# 3: diga-nos muito mais sobre o que você quer fazer em termos de quantidade de pessoas, o quão alto você quer, principalmente dentro ou fora, bandas ao vivo ou música gravada, que tipo de música? Tente dar tantos detalhes quanto possível.

Também publicarei isto em português, copiado do Google translate: