DEQ2496 AutoEQ issues

EQ guys are using on their cabs/systems. A good starting place if you don't have your own RTA.
WalkerRichmondRanger

DEQ2496 AutoEQ issues

#1 Post by WalkerRichmondRanger »

Anyone else ever have this issue? Target curve set flat, no background noise to speak of. It adjusts everything but won't touch the frequencies around 5k. They are activated to be changed, but the eq remains unchanged.

dswpro

Re: DEQ2496 AutoEQ issues

#2 Post by dswpro »

I have not seen that with mine, but you can still manually adjust the result from the Auto-Eq, can't you? Frankly, I performed the Auto-EQ one time outside on a quiet day to get a feel for my system. Ever since, I perform manual adjustments, usually on the console (X32) to get rid of trouble frequencies. I also frequently use the AudioTool app on my android phone with a calibrated mic from parts express at the mix position.

WalkerRichmondRanger

#3 Post by WalkerRichmondRanger »

That's what I've been doing...getting it to this point and then manually trimming the offending frequencies. I have an X32 as well (Rack version) so I'll probably just approximate the settings from the DEQ to that. Its nice that the X32 has an RTA on it now, hopefully they'll provide an autoeq function soon.

Still kind of a weird bug in this thing.

doncolga

#4 Post by doncolga »

I did mine outside in the summer once and the bugs (insects) made mine peak similar to that.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW

WalkerRichmondRanger

#5 Post by WalkerRichmondRanger »

Maybe it's from my air handler running down there. I could cut off the A/C for a bit, but it's been sweltering here. I guess outside would work too.

DJPhatman

#6 Post by DJPhatman »

WalkerRichmondRanger wrote:Maybe it's from my air handler running down there. I could cut off the A/C for a bit, but it's been sweltering here. I guess outside would work too.
If you are auto-eq'ing inside, you are creating more problems than the EQ can fix! Auto-eq as dswpro has replied, then tweak each venue as needed. It can't fix room modes, but will really screw up the mix trying.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice