PA+ settings for new release DR250's?

EQ guys are using on their cabs/systems. A good starting place if you don't have your own RTA.
Bruce Weldy

Re: PA+ settings for new release DR250's?

#16 Post by Bruce Weldy »

z-audio wrote:
Bruce Weldy wrote:
biggerrigger wrote:Not quite sure with the older model but the PA+ sure does. I refuse to use the auto EQ on the PA+ anymore because of it. Try it and find out or pull up your settings to see if your x-over settings have changed since the last time you have used auto EQ.
That only happens is you use the set up wizard. I've had it happen to me the first time I tried it on the PA+. Stay out of the set up wizard and just go to auto EQ - it will leave everything else alone.
I will check the crossover settings today if it did changed on my old drpa.What do you mean when you say "Stay out of the set up wizard and just go to auto EQ"?How will i do it?Thank you.
I can't recall the exact flow, but I remember that you can get to the auto-EQ without going through the set up wizard. My stuff is loaded in the trailer - if I get a chance, I'll try to check it .... but it may be awhile.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

biggerrigger

#17 Post by biggerrigger »

Well if that's the case I purchased a brand new in the box from a reputable dealer defective unit. I can turn on my system and hit nothing but the auto EQ button,follow the onscreen directions to complete the auto EQ,and save the setting after it is complete. Then go in and check to find that all of the x-over settings have been changed.
Built
4-25" Lab12 loaded T39's
2-DR250's Melded array
2-DR250's Flat array

z-audio

#18 Post by z-audio »

Tried my old DRPA yesterday,played with the auto eq and checked if the xover points did change.I did this 4 times and the points reamined as it was when i set them.
I love u Zeriel

Bruce Weldy

#19 Post by Bruce Weldy »

z-audio wrote:Tried my old DRPA yesterday,played with the auto eq and checked if the xover points did change.I did this 4 times and the points reamined as it was when i set them.

Yep, it only an issue with the PA+ and as I've said, it's because it takes you to the Setup Wizard - and that's where it gets screwed up. You have do the auto-EQ, then get out without letting it run the set up wizard.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."