Hello from Holland

Think

Hello from Holland

#1 Post by Think »

Think, maybe know would have been a better nick :P but Think describes me better. in 2012 I started to have interest in audio and now I'm on a mission to let people experience great sound.....
I like to dig deep into matters and always question everything to come up with KISS ideas. I studied this forum for 100's of hours allready and really like Bill's design's but still have a few questions ofcourse......

Grant Bunter

Re: Hello from Holland

#2 Post by Grant Bunter »

Welcome to the forum :)

Ask away...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

DJPhatman

#3 Post by DJPhatman »

Then, you have come to the right place, I Think! :lol:

Welcome to the obsession, addiction, money-pit, habit!

On a side note, this place, or me, are so bad for you, I'm still here nearly 10 years after my last gig... :shock: Whisky Tango Foxtrot is WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!! :D :broke: :bash: :slap: :P :lol: :mrgreen:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum! There are/were are few Nederlanders on the forum, so, you are not alone in that regard.
TomS

Svartrose

#5 Post by Svartrose »

Welkom op het forum! (Guess what that means...)

Disco-inferno

#6 Post by Disco-inferno »

Well Think, there's lots to know and learn here. You'll find that asking your own questions will vastly improve your knowledge here. There are no dumb questions (except the one you don't ask) even the most experience ammong us run into issues we can't solve on our own and a forum like this is a blessing in this regard.

So welcome to our forum, have fun and take and share lots of pictures when you build :lol:

DJPhatman

#7 Post by DJPhatman »

Disco-inferno wrote:share lots of pictures when you build
Or video! :twisted: :loler: :cowboy:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Tom Smit

#8 Post by Tom Smit »

Svartrose wrote:Welkom op het forum! (Guess what that means...)
I don't have to guess, haha! :D
TomS

ketoet

#9 Post by ketoet »

welkom op het forum

er vakt heel veel te leren hier en er zijn genoeg mensen die je vragen willen beantwoorden ook al zijn ze mss al 100 keer gesteld. we zijn er om elkaar te helpen.

veel plezier!
building BFM speakers isn't a hobby , it's an addiction

1 x THT
1 x autotuba
2 x dr250 melded

2 x wedgehorn 10
2 x tlah

Think

#10 Post by Think »

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm about to buy all materials to build a set BFM speakers as a start to see if people can apriciate the sound and maybe see if I can start a little business renting out and building these nice cabs.

As a start I'm thinking of a sound system for max 1000 people outdoor festivals and beachparty's or indoor houseparty's.
So live music and edm, 35/40hz and up will be fine. Max. 200 people at the dancefloor area. The set needs to be portable and for smaller parties, I just take less boxes with me.

-6 or 8 PA Top's with beta 12a drivers (half as loud and 1/3 the price, more boxes would sound better, spiral array?) I make a separate topic to discuss that.
-8 titan 39 or slim 48's I make a separate topic to discuss that.
(is this damn cheap driver suitable? http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... =1&t=24364)

Any remarks to the sizing?

- pair of old monitor speakers I bought for €50 with beta 12a and eminence horns which I use at home now.
- DBX PA2 (have it, amazing toy ;)
- some not to heavy amp's, probably second hand.

Later I might make a second, smaller (super portable handcart (?)) audio set with mini (spiral) line array style tops for indoor gigs and demonstration purposes up to 200 people. (1 or 2 subs) This would be nice for several musician friends I have to take to their smaller gigs and have decent sound.

Edit: typo