Hi from Oxfordshire

Charles Jenkinson

Re: Hi from Oxfordshire

#16 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

Ramsbottom has made it into Despicable Me 2. Silas Ramsbottom is the Director of the Anti Villain League. I sit there whilst watching it, and tell my boys "we live there. There's not many people who can say that."
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

bjm362

#17 Post by bjm362 »

Charles Jenkinson wrote:Ramsbottom has made it into Despicable Me 2. Silas Ramsbottom is the Director of the Anti Villain League. I sit there whilst watching it, and tell my boys "we live there. There's not many people who can say that."
LOL! The region I live in has been immortalized a few times. Probably most famously by the movie "Twister". That is all well and good at the movies, but like Earthquake, Towering Inferno, The Perfect Storm etc. It is a serious matter in real life!
In order to have a dream come true, you must first dream it!

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#18 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

HugoMack wrote: French Lick Indiana, Smackover Arkansas, Tightwad Missouri, Climax Minnesota, Big Bone Lick State Park Kentucky, Horneytown NOrth Carolina, Hooker Oklahoma, Cumming Georgia and Yankton County's own Gayville South Dakota. I'm sure there are hundreds more.
Wanker County, for one.

HugoMack

#19 Post by HugoMack »

Wanker County was purchased from the Indians, whose name for Wanker county was "Obi luba possa wadamy" which means "Land of the big, gassy Possum."
Hugh McManners
2x Jack 12 Lite 3012HOs, Matrix GT800. DBX PA2 Next 20 inch T39's with 3012's (LF). Sound reinforcement, then projection. FRFR. Love huge PAs, but at that stage in life when technology needs to make things easier (as in lighter!)

wounded horse

#20 Post by wounded horse »

Rune Bivrin wrote:
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
Charles Jenkinson wrote:I live in Ramsbottom
That's just so wrong in so many ways. :oops:
:owned: :mrgreen:
I once asked a friend who lives in Oxfordshire why it was shortened to Oxon and he replied "Have you seen the women?"