Rock-n-roller Cart DIY Table

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
scornil01

Rock-n-roller Cart DIY Table

#1 Post by scornil01 »

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share a simple build. I purchased the Rock-N-Roller cart a few months ago and have been very happy with. It helped with cutting down the trips from my truck to the venue.

i almost purchased the Rock N roller table attachment they make:

but i will only need half and it is too narrow for what i want to use it for. i also felt it was a bit over priced.

so just made a simple solution for my own table:

I used used a couple of slotted angles (1-1/2" x 36") from Home depot at around $8 each . about 5 dollars worth of bolts(m8), lockwashers, and fly nuts. And some scrap plywood 24" x 34"

cut the angles like this at the ends (sorry i forgot to take a photo). i just used a jigsaw with a steel bit.

attached the ends like this:

Just bolt on the plywood to the slotted rods using flat head bolts and countersinking the plywood.

I just have to add a skirt and carpet, paint, or laminate. havent decided yet.
It is quite strong for what i needed. It may be wobbly after you attach the rods, but if you shorten the base it will tighten and the wobble will go away. watch this video on this guys custom table and how he stopped the wobble:
https://youtu.be/nOhxc21i-b0?t=3m36s

i am thinking, if you have a light DJ coffin or a thicker gauge angle rod you can leave it without the wood table and just place the coffin on top of the rods. but havent thought of a way to avoid it from slipping off. maybe the weight is enough? ill test it and report back. its already quite strong for what i need and very light to carry around.

currently the price for the Rock N Roller brand tale attachemnt is at 49.99 on amazon which is not bad. but the specs are not what i want and ill end up modding it anyways with a different table top.

eshadeol

Re: Rock-n-roller Cart DIY Table

#2 Post by eshadeol »

Hey! That's not bad at all. I kind of like that it's not all black so it kind of makes flash drives easier to find and connections easier to spot in the rush of setting up.
Defy the vortex -of mediocre-second rate bass- produced by mongrels- devoid of taste!
A beautiful lyric from : Maggotron "In Search of a Funky Khan"
4 T60 27" lab15,Omni TB 2 BP102,AutoTubaMCM 10"

welbycutter

Re: Rock-n-roller Cart DIY Table

#3 Post by welbycutter »

Hello, scornil01! You did an awesome project. Your rolling table looks good and has pretty good stability. Also, I would as you if you got a similar project for the garden furniture? I'm thinking about buying some garden furniture with the little rollers. Can you suggest to be a good place where I can buy this kind of furniture? My friend suggested the gardenfurniture site to me, but unfortunately, they didn't deliver the furniture to my area. Thank you for the reply in advance!