Table Saw Fence

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
ripNdeb

Table Saw Fence

#1 Post by ripNdeb »

I've read in several places that Bill uses an old Craftsman table saw with a $200 fence (can't remember the name)... or maybe it was Leland. Anyway, are these aftermarket fences pretty universal? How does a different fence hook up to a different table saw?
My little $99 craftsman has served me well in many smaller applications with a sled and such but, it's time to find something that'll cut bigger panels; accurately.

Your thoughts on table saw fences would be appreciated. thanks all,
Dana
2X OTop 112, 3012HO, melded - 2X T39, 27", Lab 12 - XF 212 - 4 DR250, 2 melded, 2 straight
2 20" T39 3012LF - WH10 - WH8 - in the shop - 2 more 20" T39s
http://saltandlighteureka.org still need a trailer :)

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Table Saw Fence

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Aftermarket fences are pretty much universal if the original fence rails are separate parts that bolt to the table. If the rails are incorporated into the table as a one piece assembly, which is the case with most low end saws today, then you can't use an aftermarket fence.

David Raehn

#3 Post by David Raehn »

I just bolted a Delta T3 to my old Craftsman. I haven't trued it all up yet, but it does look promising.
BFM rig:
6 OT12
4 T48
4 WH8
Other:
56 box Electrotec LabQ rig
Way too many cables
:noob:

homemade hotrod

#4 Post by homemade hotrod »

ripNdeb wrote:I've read in several places that Bill uses an old Craftsman table saw with a $200 fence (can't remember the name)... or maybe it was Leland. Anyway, are these aftermarket fences pretty universal? How does a different fence hook up to a different table saw?
My little $99 craftsman has served me well in many smaller applications with a sled and such but, it's time to find something that'll cut bigger panels; accurately.

Your thoughts on table saw fences would be appreciated. thanks all,
Dana
i turned a $150 delta contractor saw into an accurate tool with this aftermarket fence from Vega Pro. I can now cut 40"to the right of the blade with 8' of outfeed table making ripping 5x5 bb easy and safe. Worth every penny!
Attachments
019 (2).JPG
t60 subwoofer 001.JPG
t60 subwoofer 016.JPG
015 (2).JPG
building:2 dr280 3012ho melded array
built:2 t-60 27" lab15