It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 am 

Mkulu wrote:
Grant, you guys at least have a strong currency, ours is in free fall, but the Eminence prices here are on a par with the US.The only import duty on them is 14% VAT.

If eminence is on par with US pricing in SA, stick with what's listed in the plans!
Don't even bother searching for other product.

Australian recommended retail for Eminence, as listed by the Australian importer, is roughly/more than double that in the US. Our dollar is a lower ATM compared to the US. A little while back (I wasn't building more cabs at that time :wall: ) the Aussie dollar was at parity with the US dollar, so it would have been a no brainer to buy then. And that's why we consider 3rd party shipping...

3 x WH8 with melded array.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:16 am 

Grant Bunter wrote:
Mkulu wrote:
Grant, you guys at least have a strong currency, ours is in free fall, but the Eminence prices here are on a par with the US.The only import duty on them is 14% VAT.

If eminence is on par with US pricing in SA, stick with what's listed in the plans!
Don't even bother searching for other product.

Australian recommended retail for Eminence, as listed by the Australian importer, is roughly/more than double that in the US. Our dollar is a lower ATM compared to the US. A little while back (I wasn't building more cabs at that time :wall: ) the Aussie dollar was at parity with the US dollar, so it would have been a no brainer to buy then. And that's why we consider 3rd party shipping...

I've done quite a bit of third party shipping through MyUS.com but they got a bit expensive.
I don't think the local suppliers here have a sole agency, as Eminence USA are also listed as South African suppliers on their website. Competition is very fierce for business here between the different makes due to recession and the Chinese are having a field day.I think maybe your agents in Oz and the government are a bit greedy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm 

Just a heads up to Aussie builders.

Unconfirmed, but AV superstore here in Australia is getting quite a number of posts in various other forums about taking the money but not supplying, and/or charging large amounts for delivery.
Or not refunding after offer to do so.

Perhaps best to stay away from them? Your call...

3 x WH8 with melded array.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...