Bruce Weldy wrote:
What's a "competitive alternative" to Duratex, in other words,
1. same or similar Polyurethane Acrylic paint formula,
2. from a different brand,
3. for a cheaper cost per gallon.
Based on all the guys building cabs on this forum over last several years and constantly looking for an alternative ..... I'd say there isn't one.
I believe I've found several good brands worth trying out.
It's called "synthetic stucco", "acrylic stucco", or "elastomeric stucco".
$40-$50 per 5 gallon bucket.
100 - 300 square feet depending on how thick you apply it.http://thestuccoguy.com/acrylic-stucco-info/
1. Omega Products "Omega Flex" and "AkroFlex" : https://www.omega-products.com/product- ... -finishes/
2. Sto Stuccohttp://www.stocorp.com/coatings-us/#learnmore
3. LaHabra - click drop down on right to select only acrylic products.http://www.lahabrastucco.com/products.pl
4. Western Blended Acrylic Products:http://www.westernblended.com/products.php?category=31
5. El Rey Acrylic Products:http://www.elrey.com/products.pl
6. Parex Acrylic/Synthetic Stucco products:http://www.parex.com/products.pl
The DPR Line, Parex USA Dry-Tex and Variance Specialty Finishes