THT review

Post your reviews and pictures here.
sriegel

THT review

#1 Post by sriegel »

hi all,
just wanted to send a note about the THT i built late last summer. i've been listening to it now for quite awhile. the sound is absolutely astounding. last night i listened to some music and couldn't get over the effortless, CLEAN, deep bass coming out :clap:
the system is mostly home-brew, with a pair of monitors for front LR using Zaph audio drivers (brand new and not broken in yet) and Hiquphon OW-1 tweets. the sub is fed by a Rythmik SE350 i've used for years now. it's overkill for the THT as the volume is set to a bit below 9 o'clock and the receiver sub out is at -4 dB and even at low volumes that thing will rattle your chest. to get a feel for the output i replaced the THT with a SonuTube sub i made with the same driver (i have 5 Lambdacoustic SB-12Ps). all levels were kept the same and you could barely hear the sonutube at all, the cone was barely moving!!! movies are amazing, Transformers and Ironman will take your breath away. heck, i watched lord of the rings at pretty low volumes and my 2-year old son woke up scared because of the Thunder! and he's two floors above me! WOW. i just can't believe more people don't build these. i don't see these talked about much on the Diyaudio board i've been going to since about 2000. they don't know what they're missing, oh well.

Thanks Bill and all on this great board!!!
Scott
carnation WA :horse:
(just like the emoticon!!)

Tom Smit

Re: THT review

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Thanks for the review! Between you and the others talking up the THT, if I ever get a bigger living room, well....... :ugeek:
TomS