Busy weekend

Post your reviews and pictures here.
bradn7

Busy weekend

#1 Post by bradn7 »

Hey all, I just wanted to post a quick review of this weekend. Friday night I had a band in a small bar that did rock and the following morning I had a small festival to run sound for. All in all the sound was clear, punchy and I never had any complaints about anything from anyone. I am a happy puppy with these speakers.
On another note the theatre I currently work at has been using my system for many gigs. I have never had a complaint of it being too loud even when volumes reached the 100db mark C weighted. Compared to the system that is installed in there which is just a pair of Peavey Pr15's. Almost every time I mix with those speakers I have a complaint of it too loud, or too muddy. The Bill Fitzmaurice speakers always perform crystal clear and always has compliments! If you are on the fence about getting or building some, stop it and get set up!

Bruce Weldy

Re: Busy weekend

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

bradn7 wrote:Compared to the system that is installed in there which is just a pair of Peavey Pr15's. Almost every time I mix with those speakers I have a complaint of it too loud, or too muddy. The Bill Fitzmaurice speakers always perform crystal clear and always has compliments! If you are on the fence about getting or building some, stop it and get set up!
+1

I know that my band is much louder than others in the main place that we play....but, we never get asked to turn it down, the other bands do all the time. Distorted and grating always seems louder. Clean, clear, and punchy pushes all the right buttons and no one notices the actual volume.

Bills boxes help to achieve a great sound - BUT, if you don't know how to EQ the system and the individual channels, you can still make it suck. Everyone should take the time to really tune up their system and understand how to get rid of the frequencies that are harsh and grating - that's much more important than trying to turn up the frequencies that are lacking. Cut EQ and increase volume before lowering volume and boosting EQ.

The BFM cabs are great tools.....but, like any tool - the better you know how to wield it, the better the results.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."