Just Finished up the Home Theater!

Post your reviews and pictures here.
SpinnerRow

Just Finished up the Home Theater!

#1 Post by SpinnerRow »

Finished the sub and put it in the media room. Copied a few designs I saw on the internet and put a formica top on it. All I can say is WOW! The only time I've ever experienced so much in your face bass was in my old 1989 Mustang with 600watts on a pair of 12" subs. I put on a constant 30hz tone at about 15 volts and it was like talking into the blades of a fan. Felt like it was pounding your chest. Insane volume and kick drums sound like your head is inside of the drum! Hard to believe all of this sound is coming from an 8" Infinity 860w. Amp is a Bash 300 idling along at less than half volume.

Watched the Tiger tank battle in Fury and the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan and all of the work was worth it. When I changed the HTPC to music and put on Motley Crue's Kick Start My Heart and pressed and held the volume up button, the wife left the room before it started!

After I did a few sweeps between 20 and 80 hz, my daughter came in and said it was rattling the light fixtures downstairs. My wife has this "Why?" look on her face. Mission Accomplished!

Center channel is great as well.

And my curved center:

6/9 SLAs, Curved SLA, Auto Tuba, Table Tuba, Tuba-18

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Just Finished up the Home Theater!

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

SpinnerRow wrote: the wife left the room before it started!
Sounds like a win-win! :hyper:

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

:clap:

Enjoy!
TomS

SpinnerRow

#4 Post by SpinnerRow »

Love this THX trailer. The whole house shakes when the mushrooms bounce. Kids had me play it over and over as they sat on the floor to feel the vibration!

And to think I built the little sub with an 8" driver. I had originally wanted to build the THT but I can't even imagine what that thing would sound like in my small room!
6/9 SLAs, Curved SLA, Auto Tuba, Table Tuba, Tuba-18