16" Infinity THT

Post your reviews and pictures here.
SRTnewb

16" Infinity THT

#1 Post by SRTnewb »

Received as a wedding gift from my friend (youtube username: activereload187 for vids of his old comp truck setup) who builds SPL Comp boxes. Thing is BIG for being the most narrow version available. Right now I have the amp from my Acoustech PL-200 powering it at half gain and receiver subwoofer level at anywhere between -8 to -15 and this thing is shaking my entire second floor where it is located. To be honest, I'm paranoid that it is going to break loose 1 of the 3 floor to ceiling mirrors on the opposite wall of the 16'x16' space. I'm amazed at the super crisp sounding bass that this thing produces. It is the best I've ever heard even at very loud volumes. Music sounds so much better to me now than with the Acoustech. Movies are just RIDICULOUS now. Just watched the Pod Emergence scene from War of the Worlds and could not wipe the stupid grin off my face. The rumbling lows were shaking my couch very nicely. Awesome. So then, I put on the infamous scene from Pulse...crazy bass sweeps. But, I noticed a chuffing sound coming from the corner of the room. Leaks. I walked over and its obvious where it is leaking. My friend being in a hurry to get the sub to me across statelines had used sunken screws on this build and had messed up and left holes all over the side panels that are now leaking profusely. No big deal to me, I''l just seal them all up before i finish it. This made me realize....THESE THINGS ARE MONSTERS! If it is leaking that bad and sounds/performs this well I cant wait to hear it when I patch it all up.

Tom Smit

Re: 16" Infinity THT

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Wow-weh! :clap:
TomS

Rickisan

#3 Post by Rickisan »

Wish I could count the times of reading similar reviews of Bill's cabs. Still amazing every time. Great Review!
2-Jack 10
2-Wedgehorn 8
1-Auto Tuba

SRTnewb

#4 Post by SRTnewb »

Still in awe of how amazing this thing sounds, and soo effortlessly. I also have not even EQ'd the thing and as of now I don't plan on it. I may mess with it later. For now I'm going to focus on finishing it and getting a new amp.

SRTnewb

#5 Post by SRTnewb »

Found some leaks in the chamber. Sealed them up and let it dry out. I just now played E-40- Function with peaks of 30V. :twisted: the whole upstairs was talking back. Old kitchen window rattling like crazy! As this was going on I glanced out the sliding glass door and noticed my neighbors sitting outside as they often do to read. They had a puzzled look on their faces. Kind of like...WTF is going on over there?!

This thing pounds! Now I want a second to have even response throughout the entire floor.

Tom Smit

#6 Post by Tom Smit »

Hahaha.
TomS

MissileCrisis

#7 Post by MissileCrisis »

Let me know when you start your t60 build, it's basically 4 times the power handling and the same sensitivity to 25 hz. That's like adding a second tht and stacking them. At that point your neighbors will either come over for movies or call the cops. But only if you max it out late at night. I've more than once maxed out my t60 and realized I forgot to close the back door. No cop issues yet. Its something like 122 db across the room at max (hotspot) playing music around 45 hz. At 28 hz playing in the air glitch hop remix the entire couch vibrates like a massage chair. Lots of fun for showing off.
Built
2 x TLAH
1 Titan 39 (lab 12, 15 inch)
1 Tuba 60 (lab 12, 20 inch)
SLA Center
2 x Mini MLTP subwoofers
1 x 212 TH (custom)
2 x Mini-Karlsonators
Owned, but not built
2 x Jack 12 (2512, melded)

SRTnewb

#8 Post by SRTnewb »

Well..I didn't really plan on building a t60.But, since you put it like that...

MissileCrisis

#9 Post by MissileCrisis »

If you build a second tht and stack them you'll get the output I'm talking about plus an extra 3 hz. See u on the other side.
Built
2 x TLAH
1 Titan 39 (lab 12, 15 inch)
1 Tuba 60 (lab 12, 20 inch)
SLA Center
2 x Mini MLTP subwoofers
1 x 212 TH (custom)
2 x Mini-Karlsonators
Owned, but not built
2 x Jack 12 (2512, melded)