one THTLP down

Post your reviews and pictures here.
81spirit

one THTLP down

#1 Post by 81spirit »

Another to go. No pics - its not pretty- not square- but it kicks arse! Mounted it vertical in the corner with the mouth 20" from the floor. Loaded with Lab 12. Sounds much better & has as much output as the pair of Labs in ported cabinets. Going tomm. to get more plywood for the other. I'll be started on the other one before the PL from the first is even wore off my hands!
Kudos Bill- I'm happy

subharmonic

Re: one THTLP down

#2 Post by subharmonic »

Gotta love horns.
2x T39, 1x T60, 1x THTLP, 1x AT(not built by me) 6x DR250
I need more bass

But this gal's built like a burlap bag full of bobcats
CW Mcall

biggerrigger

#3 Post by biggerrigger »

If you like one sub so much just wait till the other is brought online and you will love them playing together.
Built
4-25" Lab12 loaded T39's
2-DR250's Melded array
2-DR250's Flat array

81spirit

#4 Post by 81spirit »

Other one built, up and running. OMFG- best change to my system ever!
Bass is much more natural I think- I hear more detail from the mains than ever. Sounds great at all levels. I think my easy chair jolted on the concrete floor when I cranked "Down With The Sickness" LOL!
Love it!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
No worries on room nulls now- or around the whole block!

shawn_g

#5 Post by shawn_g »

:clap: Let's see some pictures!

81spirit

#6 Post by 81spirit »

I will get some pictures up soon. Need to figure out how to make them smaller.
This is my mancave rig in a 16 x 24 room.
Sources- Numark TT1700 with Rotel phono stage- Sony Blu ray/media streamer- Project One Mark III tuner.
Preamp-Classe SSP-30 Mark II- also run a 2 tube pre in tape loop with Sylvania 5670 tubes.
Behringer CX-3400 active crossover
Yamaha M-35 amp powering Altec 811b horns with 806 8a drivers.
Kenwood KM-207 (soon to be replaced with Crown CE-1000) powering JBL G-135 15" woofers in modded Kustom back loaded horn cabs.
QSC CX-502 powering 12" Labs loaded in THTLP cabs in either corner behind mains.
Robert

But it Hertz

#7 Post by But it Hertz »

81spirit wrote:I will get some pictures up soon. Need to figure out how to make them smaller.
There are various methods here http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=7603

The method with least amount of steps is to simply upload to imgur, click "large thumbnail" and use the link to post here.

:D

But it Hertz

#9 Post by But it Hertz »

Press edit, highlight one link at a time and then press the "Img" button!

Then change the s to an l just before .jpg to make the pictures the right size :ugeek:

They look great, can't imagine you are short of bass now :lol:
Last edited by But it Hertz on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

88h88

#10 Post by 88h88 »

81spirit wrote:Image
If you delete the 's' off the end of the URL which means small thumbnail and swap it with an 'l' you'll get large thumbnails.
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

But it Hertz

#11 Post by But it Hertz »

88h88 wrote:If you delete the 's' off the end of the URL which means small thumbnail and swap it with an 'l' you'll get large thumbnails.
Yeah, and they are just shy of the 700 pixel limit so work perfectly here.

LelandCrooks

#12 Post by LelandCrooks »

Oh wow. What are you doing with Karlson's? My father in law had one that he built back in the 50's.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

81spirit

#13 Post by 81spirit »

Leland- the Karlsons are loaded with Bozak B-800 full rangers. The cabs. are a mismatched pair but I like the sound. They don't have much in the high range but when paired with the Dynaco A25 XLs sitting on top they sound nice. Powering them with a Sansui Model 2000.
Still cant believe the sound coming from the THTLPs :hyper:
Has an "airiness" like the other horns - love it.
Thanks for the help with the pics!

gzc_stageTech

#14 Post by gzc_stageTech »

They look like rockets in the corners...just waiting for the countdown.

You've got a collection of audio gear there. Do you A/B them to compare? Or, do you run them all at the same time?

81spirit

#15 Post by 81spirit »

I like listening to different setups & am always dragging stuff home from garage sales. Although I am a lot more picky than a couple years ago when the audio bug bit. I a-b some stuff & will keep what I like.
4 systems set up in the mancave right now. The big rig/ Bozak-Dynaco -Sansui rig/Scott 375R receiver powering a pair of Magnavox flat panel open baffle style speakers sitting on Magnavox speakers with 15" woofers & metal horns/ Proton integrated amp with Tempest Lab 3e (heils) speakers & Graphyx SP-10 speakers.
Idling stuff-Utah W-90 speakers- Definitive Technology Pro Tower 400(one sub amp down)-Fisher Futura 202 receiver- Akai AA-1030(needs work)-Rotel Rsp-976 preamp.
Then theres the living room- Yamaha RX-V1200 HT receiver powering modded Altec Madrid cabs-now have Dayton Pro Pa 380 woofers & E Wave top end. Mitsubishi DA-A15 amp ran off Yamahas pre outs powering Speakerlab Sevens. Bose Spatial Control receiver with Bose 901 Series III.
And I want build some more of Bills stuff!