OT12 and T48 combination

Post your reviews and pictures here.
PulseMan

OT12 and T48 combination

#1 Post by PulseMan »

Did my first really "Big Gig" with my full BF rig this past weekend and all I can say is "WOW" and every chance I got I was smiling to myself. :wink:
Anyway my rig consists of four OT12's stacked per side and four T48's under the stage.

This is my OT12 stack on stands 1,6 metres high, feet have four pins per leg that get knocked into the ground, Local town engineer was ok with this setup.

Pic of the stage and the OT stacks on either side. camera lens makes the stacks look as if they are leaning towards the stage but trust me they are level.

System runs on Synq digital amps and as I've mentioned in another post these amps "ROCK" :hyper:

Friday night weather was great and the main artist is a big hit with the younger crowds here in South Africa at the moment so a good turnout was expected.
The pre show acts were also rocking and the crowd started comming in a bit earlier and every time I turned around the crowd was getting larger and packing further and further back.
I started to stress a bit thinking that the rig might be a bit thin for this size crowd. The main act brought his own sound engineer and that gave me a gap to walk around and listen to the system at war volume with a large crowd present.
Everywhere I walked it was loud and clear, no dead spots. Even about a 100m back it was still clear and tight.
Went backstage and took a pic from the back side of the stage towards the crowd just to give you guys an idea of the audience size.

Saturday was also great and the compliments just kept on comming. This combination of OT12's and T48's are just awesome together.

Once again thanks Bill for the great designs, BFM rocks :cowboy:

Jose
Last edited by PulseMan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
BUILT
6 OT12's DELTA PRO 12A STRAIGHT ARRAY
2 OT12's DELTA PRO 12A MELDED ARRAY
8 T48's 24" 3015LF LOADED
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's
1 SLA PRO FOR CENTRE FILL

Like us on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Pulse.Entertainment.SA‎

camrynekai

Re: OT12 and T48 combination

#2 Post by camrynekai »

:clap: I also run the same combo and I absolutely love it. For my bigger shows I will run 8 O-top12's per side and 8 V-plated 24" T48's want to talk about impress!
Facebook Page
More Bass then Fitzmaurice??? Click here
My herd of T48's

Cabs built
14- 24" T48's 3015LF's
6- OTop 2X12's W/Straight array's
4- OTop 12's W/melded array's
2- OTop 12's W/Straight array's
2- 29" Sla Pro's
1- Auto tuba ITW

BoostFab

#3 Post by BoostFab »

very nice... :clap:

how are those 1U SYNQ amps holding up ?

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Awesome report! :clap:
TomS

James R

#5 Post by James R »

:clap: Yes! I'm currently working on my otops, I've been using my T48's for awhile
" Everyone Has a Photographic Memory, Just Not Everyone Has Film In The Camera"

4 x T48 24.5" 3015LF
8 x 112 Otops

NEXT 2 x DR280's

djtecthreat

#6 Post by djtecthreat »

Looks incredible PulseMan. I'm running almost the same setup and I'm very happy and impressed with what it's capable of. Keep up the good work!
DJ TecThreat
-Building-
8 More T48's

-Built-
11 T48 @ 24" 3015LF ( Using 8 )
8 OTop12 - Thread after they were built. & Review, using them w/o subs.
4 SLA Pro's
"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." - R.R.

bitSmasher

#7 Post by bitSmasher »

Impressive!
What style of music?
Any centre fill for the crowd against the stage, or are they just getting the amps & monitors?

PulseMan

#8 Post by PulseMan »

Thanks guys :)
camrynekai wrote:For my bigger shows I will run 8 O-top12's per side and 8 V-plated 24" T48's want to talk about impress!
camrynekai: That must sound awesome, at the rate my bookings are comming in, I will have to make more of each soon...
BoostFab wrote:how are those 1U SYNQ amps holding up ?
BoostFab: They ROCK , they were idling along all day long and never even got near warm, can't stop raving about these babies. I've being using the bigger brother on the Titans for almost two years already and no issues...
bitSmasher wrote:Impressive!
What style of music?
Any centre fill for the crowd against the stage, or are they just getting the amps & monitors?
bitSmasher: It was a mixed line up all day long, from Country, Rock to Pop and all was good. My friend Brandon who came along to help me and I took turns to mix and I mixed the main acts if they did not bring their own sound guys with. This also gave our ears a break.
Regarding your centre fill question, the stage had a ramp type of effect due to a modeling show that took place Saturday afternoon so most of the crowd were a slight distance away, I found that the bottom OT12's with the melded array covered that area pretty well. I have thought about this issue before and might make something to really cover that area when needed. (maybe some of the pro's can tell us what they do/use when they pick up that issue?)

Anyway thanks for showing interest, makes a person feel good 8)
BUILT
6 OT12's DELTA PRO 12A STRAIGHT ARRAY
2 OT12's DELTA PRO 12A MELDED ARRAY
8 T48's 24" 3015LF LOADED
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's
1 SLA PRO FOR CENTRE FILL

Like us on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Pulse.Entertainment.SA‎

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#9 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

PulseMan wrote: Regarding your centre fill question, the stage had a ramp type of effect due to a modeling show that took place Saturday afternoon so most of the crowd were a slight distance away, I found that the bottom OT12's with the melded array covered that area pretty well.
With that wide a mains spread a single OT12 dead center would do it. For a wider spread a pair of OT12 equally spaced.

PulseMan

#10 Post by PulseMan »

Thanks Bill for that info.

I know you say that we should never mix and match designs etc. my friend has two jack 12's laying around, would they work for centre fills? :fingers:

Jose

jswingchun

#11 Post by jswingchun »

Cool post! What did the main bands sound guy have to say about the rig?
Omni 10
Omni 10.5
OmniTop 12 x 4
Wedgehorn 8 x 3
XF212
T39 @ 18" x 2
T39 @ 20" x 2
T39 @ 28" x 2
Jack 110 x 5
Jack Lite 12
XF210
XF210 (Slant only, no crossfire)

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#12 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

PulseMan wrote:Thanks Bill for that info.

I know you say that we should never mix and match designs etc. my friend has two jack 12's laying around, would they work for centre fills? :fingers:

Jose
They would, but they'd need to be separately EQ'd for best results.

PulseMan

#13 Post by PulseMan »

jswingchun wrote:Cool post! What did the main bands sound guy have to say about the rig?
jswingchun: The main acts sound engineer is quite a seasoned guy and has worked with alot of South Africa's top artists and is also involved with overseas acts that visit our shores.
I remember him saying "Joe I can't believe that cabs so small can sound so loud and crispy and I hope evertime I see you, please have this exact same setup."

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:They would, but they'd need to be separately EQ'd for best results.
Bill: Thanks, I will run them off a seperate output on my DCX2496 and cut them at 100hz and that way I can control their gain individually.
Will just have to give the Jacks a new coat of paint and put sponge over their grills so that they match my OT12's below :wink:

Last edited by PulseMan on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

LelandCrooks

#14 Post by LelandCrooks »

Those are great.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

PulseMan

#15 Post by PulseMan »

Thanks Leland :wink:

And those arrays you made for me inside those boxes also sound great thanks

Jose