OT12 and T48 combination

Post your reviews and pictures here.
LelandCrooks

Re: OT12 and T48 combination

#76 Post by LelandCrooks »

:mrgreen:
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

PulseMan

#77 Post by PulseMan »

Hi all

Just to let you know it has been over a year since I built my OT12's and have been using them extensively this past year doing reasonably big shows (Average crowd 1500 to 2000 people, some times more). :hyper:
They together with my T48's have not skipped a beat and till today every time I set them up and use them I smile. :D
This past weekend I provided sound and lighting to some of South Africa's top local artists and once again just had awesome feedback.

During the course of the year I also added 2 Wedgehorn 10's and a SLA pro as a centre fill and what a little gem she is too.

Anybody on this forum who still has any doubts about Bill's designs, take it from me DON'T :loler:

BFM rocks :cowboy:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pulse-Ent ... 8122623700

PulseMan
BUILT
6 OT12's DELTA PRO 12A STRAIGHT ARRAY
2 OT12's DELTA PRO 12A MELDED ARRAY
8 T48's 24" 3015LF LOADED
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's
1 SLA PRO FOR CENTRE FILL

Like us on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Pulse.Entertainment.SA‎

88h88

#78 Post by 88h88 »

One day I'll get a flight down there and hear for myself, hopefully with a bit of backstage access to see the goodies up close. :mrgreen:
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

PulseMan

#79 Post by PulseMan »

VIP status all the way my man... :wink:

PulseMan
BUILT
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's

Like us on facebook

Boyd

#80 Post by Boyd »

Pulseman, your system looks awesome, I'm looking forward to having even a quarter of this rig :)

I'm curious about your design considerations for choosing the SLA-Pro as centre fill, compared to say, another Otop12 melded?

How does the SLA-Pro compare tonally to the Otop 12, and do you find you need to EQ it differently?
Built:

2x Titan 48 18" wide 3012LF loaded
2x Otop 12 J-Array 3012HO Melded

Building:

2x Titan 48 36" 3015LF

PulseMan

#81 Post by PulseMan »

Boyd wrote:'m curious about your design considerations for choosing the SLA-Pro as centre fill, compared to say, another Otop12 melded?

How does the SLA-Pro compare tonally to the Otop 12, and do you find you need to EQ it differently?
Hi Boyd

Thanks for the kind words :wink: .

Regarding your centre fill question, most people would recommend the OT12. I tried both and due to most of the shows I do, the crowds stand right up against the stage ramps and with the T48's under the stage, I found the SLA-Pro worked better (overall the system felt fuller and tighter to my ears being that close up to the cabs). When I built the SLA I added an extra section to the back of the box and added a plate amp to it, it has a HPF of 100hz built in too. I run it off a separate output on my DCX crossover and also through one of my DEQ's to fine tune the EQ a bit. Strangely enough the SLA's RTA EQ is pretty flat but when I tried the OT12 as centre fill it's RTA graph was all over the place.

PulseMan
BUILT
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's

Like us on facebook

Boyd

#82 Post by Boyd »

Out of interest, what plate amp did you use in the SLA-pro? I'm considering one as a DJ monitor. Thanks
Built:

2x Titan 48 18" wide 3012LF loaded
2x Otop 12 J-Array 3012HO Melded

Building:

2x Titan 48 36" 3015LF

MissileCrisis

#83 Post by MissileCrisis »

PulseMan wrote:
Boyd wrote:'m curious about your design considerations for choosing the SLA-Pro as centre fill, compared to say, another Otop12 melded?

Hi Boyd

Thanks for the kind words :wink: .

Regarding your centre fill question, most people would recommend the OT12. I tried both and due to most of the shows I do, the crowds stand right up against the stage ramps and with the T48's under the stage, I found the SLA-Pro worked better (overall the system felt fuller and tighter to my ears being that close up to the cabs). When I built the SLA I added an extra section to the back of the box and added a plate amp to it, it has a HPF of 100hz built in too. I run it off a separate output on my DCX crossover and also through one of my DEQ's to fine tune the EQ a bit. Strangely enough the SLA's RTA EQ is pretty flat but when I tried the OT12 as centre fill it's RTA graph was all over the place.

PulseMan
SLA pro is much more flat than the OT12. Thus it required less eq. I don't own either but that's what I gather from the charts. If/when I decide which to build (OTOP vs SLA pro) I'll definitely factor in the price of a good eq if I go OT because it needs it, while SLA you could probably get away without (although bill will say correct for room acoustics anyways).
Built
2 x TLAH
1 Titan 39 (lab 12, 15 inch)
1 Tuba 60 (lab 12, 20 inch)
SLA Center
2 x Mini MLTP subwoofers
1 x 212 TH (custom)
2 x Mini-Karlsonators
Owned, but not built
2 x Jack 12 (2512, melded)

PulseMan

#84 Post by PulseMan »

Boyd wrote:Out of interest, what plate amp did you use in the SLA-pro? I'm considering one as a DJ monitor. Thanks
This is the one I used. Main reason, I am using this company's other amps too (synq) as my main amps driving FOH, so I trust them.

http://en.beglec.com/product/240/AVM-1

PulseMan
BUILT
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's

Like us on facebook

Lostenigma

#85 Post by Lostenigma »

Hey Pulse

Thanks for arranging that I can come to one of your shows this weekend while I'm in South Africa visiting my parents.
How's that for a lucky one same town as they stay in Witbank. :D
Can't wait to check and hear your setup. I always enjoy your show pictures on your facebook page.

Check you on Saturday. :hyper:

Cheers
LostEnigma from Portugal

88h88

#86 Post by 88h88 »

Lostenigma wrote:Hey Pulse

Thanks for arranging that I can come to one of your shows this weekend while I'm in South Africa visiting my parents.
Can't wait to check and hear your setup. I always enjoy your show pictures on your facebook page.

Cheers
LostEnigma from Portugal
Get some pics and video if you can please! :mrgreen:
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

Charles Jenkinson

#87 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

88h88 wrote:

Cheers
LostEnigma from Portugal
Get some pics and video if you can please! :mrgreen:
+1!

I'd love to hear and see Pulseman's setup, ...and get the man in it too.
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

PulseMan

#88 Post by PulseMan »

How's that for a lucky one same town as they stay in Witbank.

Check you on Saturday.

Cheers
LostEnigma from Portugal

Hey Jason

This is going to be so cool, BFM members are a very scarce and rare breed here in South Africa.
This festival I'm providing sound and lighting for this weekend is normally one of the most festive shows we do, so you have chosen a good one. :D

See you Saturday

PulseMan
BUILT
2 WEDGEHORN 10 MKIV's

Like us on facebook

Lostenigma

#89 Post by Lostenigma »

Cheers
LostEnigma from Portugal

Hi People

Sorry I took so long to reply.

Got back home to Portugal over the weekend.
What can I say except THANKS to PulseMan for arranging that I could meet up with him at the Witbank Festival which was cool as it was in the same town my folks stay in.
Got there Saturday afternoon and already the people were starting to pack in and the vibe was really festive with all the food stores and beer tent well attended. The fun fair was also there and the people were queuing to have a go on the rides.
PulseMan came and collected me at the gate and from there it was VIP treatment all the way.
As we walked towards the field where the main stage was I could already hear the system and could clearly make out the song playing. Got to FOH and met Mark, Pulse Entertainment’s light engineer and just started checking the whole setup in the flesh, the whole lighting rig is run via DMX software and boy was that cool to see how Mark was programming the scenes and timing them etc.
Anyway then it was PulseMan’s turn to show me all the sound goodies. We first went back stage where I saw and touched the OT12 stacks. Climbed under the stage to check the T48’s and even though the volume was low the kick was awesome and tight. He also explained the whole three phase power setup he uses and how he splits the lighting and sound on different phases etc. The synq amp rack on stage was something else, I could not believe that such a small rack of amps all in a 4U case could power up this whole rig with an expected crowd for the night close to two thousand people. Also got to hear his Wedgehorn 10’s while on stage, f@ck me these things are loud and clear and also noted that they are quite big cabs. I also helped on stage as they were quickly lining up some of their moving heads and smoke machines. An effect fixture that really impressed me was the” Chauvet Geyser” (smoke machine and led light in one).

Before we knew it was time for the first act to be on stage and this is where all the hype about the BFM rig totally hit home. It was a female vocalist singing with backtracks on IPAD and the first impression was “wow it is soo clear and warm” she had a bit of a husky voice and through that beta 58 mic it was splendid. Highs and lows all balanced right, effects choice perfect. Then I saw PulseMan working that O1V96 desk of his, he fly’s through that desks layers like a wizard. Pulseman (respect) you are the mix master with that desk.
People started to fill this place up. Older folks sitting in front near the stage in their chairs clapping hands and enjoying the performances. I walked around a bit and have to say these OT12’s are something else no dead spots anywhere and the bass was unbelievably rock solid too.
Main act was up around 9PM, guy called Snotkop who is extremely popular with the crowds in South Africa at the moment, crowd close to 2000 people and this system covered the crowd with ease. People going crazy up front and the sound projection was fantastic. Jose told me the system was running close to war volume but still had some head room left.
After the main act finished singing and was busy signing and selling CD’s we sat back and had a great cuppa to celebrate another great and successful BFM powered festival.

Jose and Mark thanking you so much for the real world experience of a BFM rig at a festival. BFM forum people all I can say, it was a pleasure meeting these pro guys and together with Bill’s awesome designs PulseMan is a true ambassador to all of us on this forum.

God bless

Lostenigma from Portugal

Grant Bunter

#90 Post by Grant Bunter »

^ Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all :)

Good on you Pulseman for showing a visitor around...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...