THT review

Post your reviews and pictures here.
jason str

THT review

#1 Post by jason str »

OK first of all these are for real, all morning spent in front of my familiar system with my newly built 25" wide THT, the cabinet sounds detailed as anything i ever heard and my recent audition of the Klipsch Jubilee with 18" sub to compliment the low end still fresh in my mind.

You get the best of both worlds, the big low bass of a ported woofer with the detail of a sealed sub.

The Dayton classic subwoofer performs great after 3 days or so breaking in the subwoofer with 10-40 hz sweeps, no regrets on woofer choice or the Dayton 240 watt plate amp.

Radian

Re: THT review

#2 Post by Radian »

Welcome aboard!

Jubilee's?? :confused: You planning on opening an IMAX soon?

:lol: Just ribbing ya...it's good to get your ears familiar with variety. Glad to see the THT has met your expectations.
Good food, good people, good times.

4 - AT
1 - TT
1 - THT Slim
2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

jason str

#3 Post by jason str »

The Jubilee's are owned by one of the Klipsch forum members, also he was running one belle for center with the steep slope networks, tractrix horn mid and crites tweeter upgrades, the mid-range frequencies from the Jubilee driver/horn combo were nothing short of jaw dropping.

For now i am very happy running the Tuba HT mated to my LaScala's, it sounds like they were meant to be together.

Radian

#4 Post by Radian »

Now, do you think any of your friends or family will take your word when you mention you've got that level of sound at that price point??...and you built it yourself.

Would you have believed yourself, a month ago? :P
Good food, good people, good times.

4 - AT
1 - TT
1 - THT Slim
2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

jason str

#5 Post by jason str »

Anything is better than the boomy/muddy Klipsch sub 12 i sold recently, now i figured the Tuba HT would be a step in the right direction but had no idea it would make me grin from ear to ear, i am not an easy man to please when it comes to music but this really blends much better than expected and is fairly easy to build.

Tom Smit

#6 Post by Tom Smit »

:clap: :clap:
TomS

GirlyHandedDog

#7 Post by GirlyHandedDog »

jason str wrote:Anything is better than the boomy/muddy Klipsch sub 12 i sold recently, now i figured the Tuba HT would be a step in the right direction but had no idea it would make me grin from ear to ear, i am not an easy man to please when it comes to music but this really blends much better than expected and is fairly easy to build.
Which plywood did you end up using?

SeisTres

#8 Post by SeisTres »

Are you planning to start the Thla now that you've finished the Tuba?

A saw the pic a while ago when you asked about what to build and I saw the lascalas(sp). Granted i've never heard them but I can totally vouch for the Sla(and of course the thla will be even better). I just finished mine and I have finally found something that pretty much tops anything i've heard in the past, still, that's not saying much since I'm not a HT aficionado.

I used to use my Seiheinser headphones as bar for everything else, and now, even they sound kind of dull. I was VERY pleasantly just how much of a difference that extra upper extension does for vocals! Who'd thunk it?

But I still can't use them since I need the inline crossover, the amp, and the extra passive components to finish them up :cussing:

WTH? so how can I give a give recommendation on them if I still don't have any of that, you ask? I used my driverack PA and my crown amplifiers and powered the system as a three way ;)
Built:6 t39, t18, 4 Jack10, 2 autotuba, 2 SLA,2 wedge, 2 TT, 2 Tritrix, curved sla, 2 otop212, 2 SLA pros, Ported 8" sub, 2 ported 210, dual ported 8" sub