It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm 

That is fine. Leave the input as it is, and turn your limiter higher to make the voltage, measured at the amp outputs, to 50 volts. without touching anything else, move your mixer input open as far as it will go.
You do not need or want 4 Ohm drivers that you are used to. 8 Ohm drivers will make lots of bass! Follow the plans, do not skip anything, and ask if you don't understand. These cabs are going to be different sounding than what you are used to!
Jony_850, are you in Mexico?

Translated by Google translate:

Eso está bien. Deje la entrada como está, y gire el limitador más alto para que el voltaje, medido en las salidas del amplificador, a 50 voltios. Sin tocar nada más, mueva la entrada del mezclador hasta el tope.
Usted no necesita o quiere 4 conductores del ohmio que usted está acostumbrado a. Los drivers de 8 ohmios harán un montón de bajo! Siga los planes, no se salte nada, y pregunte si usted no entiende. Estas cabinas van a ser diferente sonando que lo que está acostumbrado a!
Jony_850, ¿estás en México?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:54 pm 

Jony_850 wrote:
he tester show 68volts whitout clipping

Then that amp is sufficient for all 4 cabs using 8 ohm drivers. The plans state 60 volts is all you can give these drivers so you have more than enough.

6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:15 pm 

$hit! Too many threads! Sorry, CO! My F-up!

Last edited by DJPhatman on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:23 pm 

DJPhatman wrote:
CO, they are using 18sound drivers now, they have a 70V limit. But, my suggestion to "limit back" still stands. And, you are right, that amp should be enough.

The title of this thread is 3015lf

6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am 

DJPhatman wrote:
That is fine. Leave the input as it is, and turn your limiter higher to make the voltage, measured at the amp outputs, to 50 volts. without touching anything else, move your mixer input open as far as it will go.
You do not need or want 4 Ohm drivers that you are used to. 8 Ohm drivers will make lots of bass! Follow the plans, do not skip anything, and ask if you don't understand. These cabs are going to be different sounding than what you are used to!
Jony_850, are you in Mexico?

I don't understand what you say? Down amp volume to 50V and next turn up the gain input in the mixer? This?
I'm from Spain.

CoronaOperator wrote:
Jony_850 wrote:
he tester show 68volts whitout clipping

Then that amp is sufficient for all 4 cabs using 8 ohm drivers. The plans state 60 volts is all you can give these drivers so you have more than enough.

Then I put 8ohm drivers thanks for your advices. Only 2 question more? There are no problems to put 0.7volt of sensibility in the amp if the mixer outup is 1Volt? Always read both would be the same.

And the las 3015lf is the best option? I don't want to spend more than 200dollar or euros per driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:58 pm 

Jony_850 wrote:
I don't understand what you say? Down amp volume to 50V and next turn up the gain input in the mixer? This?

No. Set the amp input gains wide open. Set your mixer input control knob or slider to -0- or -∞-. Play a continuous 60Hz sine wave, and turn up the mixer input gain, until your amp outputs read the maximum volts possible. Using only your limiter, turn your limit control threshold until you reach 50V output from your amp. Without touching anything else, snap your mixer input control slider wide open
(maximum setting) while reading the voltage meter connected to the amp outputs. If the voltage doesn't move, your limiter is properly set.

Jony_850 wrote:
There are no problems to put 0.7volt of sensibility in the amp if the mixer outup is 1Volt? Always read both would be the same.

This could lead to over driving and clipping the input. Not a good thing.

Jony_850 wrote:
And the las 3015lf is the best option? I don't want to spend more than 200dollar or euros per driver

The T48 was designed specifically around the Eminence KappaLite 3015LF. There is an 18Sound alternative driver, if you wish to research if it is available to you at lower cost. Thomann has the 3015LF in stock, available to ship to Spain, for 211€ each, including VAT and shipping!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:48 pm 

DJPhatman wrote:

No. Set the amp input gains wide open. Set your mixer input control knob or slider to -0- or -∞-. Play a continuous 60Hz sine wave, and turn up the mixer input gain, until your amp outputs read the maximum volts possible. Using only your limiter, turn your limit control threshold until you reach 50V output from your amp. Without touching anything else, snap your mixer input control slider wide open
(maximum setting) while reading the voltage meter connected to the amp outputs. If the voltage doesn't move, your limiter is properly set.

Ok, I understand now thank

DJPhatman wrote:

Jony_850 wrote:
There are no problems to put 0.7volt of sensibility in the amp if the mixer outup is 1Volt? Always read both would be the same.

This could lead to over driving and clipping the input. Not a good thing.

Then if I put in 1v the sensibility I don't have 68volt, I have with 1v sensibility 47volts only per Chanel.
Then I think isn't enought to move 4x 24' titan48 with 3015lf... :(

Thank you for your answer